Account Associate needed at Jumia Nigeria. The position role includes, but is not limited to, delivering of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards. The ideal candidate should possess Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field.
Account Associate Job at Jumia Nigeria
Job Title: Account Associate.
Job Location: Lagos.
- This role is responsible for the delivery of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards; the post holder will undertake specific work within Finance and contribute to improving functional efficiency.
In particular, you will:
- Audit account payable checks, verifying accuracy of vendor names, amounts, addresses, authorizations, and other key payment information.
- Review bi-weekly check proposals to identify inappropriate transactions in conjunction with the disbursement audit process, primarily by verifying appropriate authorization of new vendors.
- Reconcile all vendor additions, deletions, and changes in Accounts Payable against the monthly vendor change report.
- Review bi-weekly duplicate A/P payment reports; investigate and resolve potential duplicate payments prior to release of payment.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of store bank accounts.
- Post payroll journal entries and prepare account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of monthly consolidated financials and variance reports by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing information and trends.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data
- Prepares special reports that will be requested by management from time to time.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- 5 years’ work experience
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Word processing and spreadsheet applications; ability to utilize database application
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and nestedifs formulas)
- Ability to interpret Financial Data from various systems and in various format.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
About Jumia Nigeria.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Check More Jobs at ››› Jumia Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: